New Delhi: Afghan President Ashraf Ghani, who is in India on a three-day state visit, has a number of engagements lined up on today, Will have bilateral engagements with Prime Minister Narendra Modi today. The visiting dignitary would call on Prime Minister Modi at the Hyderabad House, which will be followed by delegation-level talks between both sides.
Here are the all updates:
- Visiting Afghan President Ashraf Ghani is currently meeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the Hyderabad House here. Delegation-level talks will follow.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj meets Afghan President Ashraf Ghani ahead of delegation-level talks. The meeting is taking place at the Dwarka Suite of Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Afghan President Ashraf Ghani is being accorded ceremonial welcome at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Afghan President Ashraf Ghani, who arrived in India on Monday night on a three-day state visit, will on Tuesday hold talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Hyderabad House.
- Although this is Ghani’s first visit to India after he became Afghan President seven months ago, he has already met Modi during the SAARC summit in Kathmandu last November.
- He was received at Palam airport by Minister of State for Finance Jayant Sinha.
- Ghani had to delay his visit for a few hours following a major Taliban attack in Kunduz province, Afghan reports said.
- Ghani had conferred with NATO’s top commander General John Campbell and Afghan security officials on Monday following the Taliban attack on police and Army check posts in Kunduz.
- On Tuesday, the Afghan President will be accorded a ceremonial welcome at Rashtrapati Bhavan and later go to Rajghat to lay a wreath at the memorial to Mahatma Gandhi.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will call on him at the Dwarka Suite of Rashtrapati Bhavan after which he will leave for Hyderabad House to hold talks with Modi.
- Both sides will make media statements.
- Ghani will later be called on by several union ministers, including of Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and Health Minister JP Nadda.
- Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari will also call on him.
- He will later make a special address at the Indian Council of World Affairs.
- He will also call on President Pranab Mukherjee and attend a special banquet.
On Wednesday, Ghani will hold a business meeting with the India business organisations, CII, FICCI and ASSOCHAM. He leaves on Wednesday evening.