Delhi shame: The 5-yr-old minor was brutally raped by 2 men, says reports

New Delhi, 21st April:  Again raising the question on Delhi Police and security of women in the national capital, a 5-yr-old girl child was brutally raped in east Delhi.

The minor was raped, had a 200 ml plastic bottle and candles shoved into her vagina and was left to die in a locked room in east Delhi by her 25-year-old neighbour, before she was discovered two days later, lying in a pool of her own blood.

The incident reported on Thursday from Gandhi Nagar in East Delhi.

The victim, whom the doctors claimed was undernourished and weighing 20 kg, was shifted to AIIMS from Swami Dayanand Hospital for treatment.

The minor girl, who was missing for the past four days, was rescued from the ground floor of the building where her family was staying. The 25-year-old neighbour, from whose clutches the girl was rescued, fled from the spot.

She was rescued from her dark prison on Wednesday, after her parents heard her feeble cries and called the police.

Dr R.K. Bansal of Swami Dayanand hospital said, there were injuries and bruises on her private parts, chest, lips and cheeks, adding it was one of the worst cases his team of doctors had attended to. She had some bruises on her neck which indicated that the accused might have tried to strangle her.

The little girl was playing near her rented house in Dilshad Garden last Sunday evening when she was abducted by Manoj, a tailor who doubles up as a labourer.

Clearly, nothing has changed in rape capital Delhi, despite the public outrage and government assurances that followed the December 16 gang rape of a 23-year-old woman on a moving bus and her subsequent death.

Allegations on police:-

The minor’s family claimed that the police was “insensitive” by not registering a case in time and that some policemen told them that they should be happy that the girl was alive, allegations which were denied by the force.

“When I went to lodge an FIR, police refused to register the case. If they had made a better attempt, they would have found her. Police told me to be happy that she was alive,” her father alleged.

The girl’s mother said the victim went out to play and was kidnapped. “The man then locked her up in his room and raped her. I want justice from the government,” she said.

The victim’s family claimed that policemen tried to bribe them with Rs 2,000 to hush up the case, prompting Delhi Police to order a vigilance inquiry to probe into the allegations.

A relative of the girl alleged that when they went to the police station to enquire about the case, they were told that now they should pray for her recovery as she has been rescued.

Rape accused arrested:-

A senior police official denied the allegations saying they found the child from the same building where the girl was staying and rushed the victim to the hospital. He said they also immediately registered a case of kidnapping as soon as the matter was reported to them.

A joint team of Delhi and Bihar Police succeeded in nabbing the rape accused, Manoj Kumar, 25, from his in-laws house in Chitkouna village in Bihar’s Muzaffarpur district on Saturday. He was flown to Delhi in a chartered plane and is being interrogated by police.

It is being said that the accused – Manoj Kumar, who was arrested yesterday from Bihar, told police that one of his accomplice Pradip Kumar was also involved in the horrendous incident.

Reports suggest that Delhi Police have sent a team to Bihar to nab the second accused.

However, the national capital braces for more protests against rising rape cases.

Bureau Report

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.