ED registers preliminary enquiry against Sonia, Rahul in National Herald case

ED registers preliminary enquiry against Sonia, Rahul in National Herald caseNew Delhi: A preliminary enquiry had been registered by Enforcement Directorate (ED) against Congress chairperson Sonia Gandhi and party vice-president Rahul Gandhi in National Herald case. The BJP leader Subramanian Swamy had accused Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi for cheating and misappropriation of funds in acquiring ownership of now-defunct daily.

Meanwhile Congress had hit back over BJP Congress leader Manish Tewari said, “Here is a government which while in opposition used to cry itself hoarse that the UPA used to hound its political adversaries. But in just one of power they are doing the same.”

The Delhi High Court will hear petitions by Sonia and Rahul in the case. Both of them were summoned in June in the case.

Swamy has alleged misappropriation of assets worth Rs 2000 crore of the National Herald newspaper. He accused Sonia and Rahul Gandhi and others of conspiring to cheat and misappropriate funds by just paying Rs 50 lakh by which Young Indian obtained the right to recover Rs 90.25 crore which the AJL had owed to the Congress party.

Swamy claimed that over Rs 2,000 crore worth of assets got transferred to YI in the present scenario, whose 76% of shareholding vests with Sonia and Rahul Gandhi and the remaining shareholding of 24% vests with the other accused.

Bureau Report

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.