This device, that was unveiled at the Reliance Industries AGM on 21st July 2017 is available to customers at an effective price of zero, ie, effectively free. Customers are required to pay a fully refundable, one-time, security deposit of Rs 1,500 against every JioPhone to avoid potential misuse.
The JioPhone will be distributed on a ‘first come first serve’ basis to only those who pre-book starting 24th August, 2017.
- Voice will always be free on the phone.
- Jio will give them access to unlimited data on the JioPhone.
- Jio will provide free voice and unlimited data at only Rs 153 per month.
- Two weekly plans will be offfered. One for Rs. 53 and other a 2 day plan for Rs 23, that provide similar value.
How to book Jio Phone offline?
- Visit the authorized Jio retailer (either an authorized store or a Reliance Jio outlet).
- By using Aadhaar, one person will be allowed to get only one unit across the country (one Jio Phone per Aadhaar number).
- After providing your Aadhaar details, your information will be uploaded into the centralized software which will assign you a token number.
- This number will be required at the time of phone delivery.
How to book Free Jio Phone online?
Online pre-registration commencement: 24 August, 2017
Delivery: September 2017
- Visit official website of the phone jio.com or jiofreephone.org.
- As the online registration starts, Image/Button will be displayed on homepage.
- Click on to JIO Free Mobile Phone Registration/ Pre Booking Button.
- Fill up your credentials and other required information such as contact number, address and others.
- Enter the shipping address for delivery.
- Pay the security deposit of Rs 1,500 via debit/credit card or opt for net banking.
- The Jio Phone will be booked. The delivery will be made on ‘First Come First Serve’ basis.
The Jio Phone was announced at 40th AGM meeting of Reliance Industries on July 21. You will not be required to pay security amount at the time of submission of the Aadhaar number. The payment will have to be made only when you will receive the unit from the offline retailer. As mentioned earlier, the amount is refundable after 36 months of using the handset.
The online booking from August 24 can be made via MyJio app.