Two dead after under-construction building collapses in Hyderabad’s Madhapur

Two dead after under-construction building collapses in Hyderabad’s Madhapur

Two people were killed and several others injured after an under-construction seven-storey building collapsed in Anjaiah Nagar, Madhapur, on Saturday, police said. Rescue teams are working to clear the debris and search for people who may still be trapped.

Local police and emergency response personnel reached the site soon after the collapse and began rescue operations. Officials said the operation was still underway and further details would be shared once the debris is cleared.

“An under-construction seven-storey building collapsed in Anjaiah Nagar. So far, two people have lost their lives. Rescue teams have reached the spot, clearing of debris is underway, and the rescue operation is in progress. We will provide more details later,” a police official said.

AV Ranganath, HYDRA Commissioner, said, “A building which has 7+1, almost 8-storey building constructed in about 60 square yards of place. It came down this afternoon, and two bodies were retrieved. The building that came down was built on a ‘nala’ and I don’t think they would have gotten any permissions. We’ll verify all those, and we’ll definitely we’ll see that the buildings which are unauthorized or built on the Nala will be demolished here. The culprit, Sajid, is in the habit of constructing such unauthorized buildings. We’ll try to work out where all he has built such things, also we’ll find out the details…”

Congress MLA Arekapudi Gandhi alleged that the building was being constructed without proper authorisation and claimed that municipal authorities had earlier stopped the work.

“In Madhapur division, the illegal seven-storey under-construction building was stopped by officials for four months. They recently restarted the construction work illegally. The cellar work was being extended to the adjacent building connected to the seven-storey structure, which led to its sudden collapse,” Gandhi said.

He further alleged that unauthorised construction remained a concern in several parts of Serilingampally and warned of the risks involved.

“People must understand the risks of illegal constructions. Some people are profiting through such illegal constructions. Many such illegal constructions are going on in Serilingampally. We are seizing buildings, but they are not following the norms. A similar incident had happened earlier, and now it has happened again,” he added.

Rescue operations remain underway as authorities work to determine the exact circumstances that led to the collapse.

Further details are awaited.

Bureau Report

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*